Sunday, November 18, 2007

Colures = Nirvana for Magazine Lovers


This summer I happened to go into Borders in NYC to see if there were any magazines that appealed to me, and as any minority can attest to, this is hard to find. Especially, since one of my favorite magazines Vibe Vixen folded(how sad). Anyway, I happened to run across a magazine by the name of Colures that comes from out of the UK .

The quality of the magazine was amazing. Everything from the pictures to even the paper was of high quality. It was similar to reading an Elle that appealed to black women only. I sat there for hours reading. It was my own personal nirvana.

Unfortunately, I was unable to buy it because my funds were low ( hey I was saving for my upcoming semester and it was not a part of my spending budget). Anyway, this magazine has stayed on my mind, and I am really thinking about subscribing to it.

The current issue features UK artist, Jamelia, and is filled with fashion previews, an article on America's Next Top Model winner Jaslene, hair and make up features and autumn trends for men.
Colures is awesome, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!

No comments: